How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Blocks are a key element of the LEO interface, and function as shortcuts to the common features of LEO.
Some Blocks come as standard within LEO units and can't be deleted (such as the 'Navigation' and 'Administration' blocks). However there are other blocks you can add yourself such as ePortfolio, HTML, and Latest Badges.
Blocks can be 'configured' to appear where and when you want them to within LEO. You can select which page types they display on (for example 'Any type of unit main page', 'Any page', or 'Any unit page'), whether they default to the left or right hand side of the screen, and the block's default weight. Put simply, the weight you give your block will dictate how high or low it appears on the side of the page.
Blocks are a way of adding additional functionality within your LEO unit.
For a more comprehensive guide on Blocks, read the Blocks pages in the Tools section of the LEO Guides.
Blocks can be 'docked' (minimised and hidden from view), or remain on display. Not being able to find the Administration menu comes up from time to time and it is usually because the block has been docked.
To dock a block, click the left-arrow icon in the title bar of the block.
Once a block is docked, it will appear as a tab on the top-left of the screen. You can still access the menu in the block by clicking on the tab. You can dock multiple blocks this way. If you dock all the blocks on one side of a LEO page, it will make more space for the main content section of the LEO page to appear. Some users prefer to work with LEO this way.
To undock a block, click on the tab to open up the menu, then click the right-arrow icon in the title bar.
You can also undock all blocks with one click. At the very bottom-left corner of the screen, is an undock all button.
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/949357