How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Forums are an online space for discussion where users don't need to be online at the same time (asynchronous). The News forum is a special Forum where only Lecturers can create and send postings to the whole class.
News postings appear as new message in the News Forum and also in a block called 'Latest news', postings are forwarded as emails through a 'forced subscription'.
To send a posting to a News Forum:
1. Navigate to your unit and then click on the 'News forum' link.
This is usually the first activity in your unit. It is sometimes renamed by faculties to 'Announcements'.
2. Click the 'Add a new topic' button.
3. Complete the 'Subject' and 'Message' fields [these are required fields].
4. Add an 'Attachment', if required.
5. Tick the 'Mail now' box. Please note, this does NOT mean the message is instantly sent to students. It means the message will skip the normal 1 hour editing period.
6. Click 'Post to forum'.
LEO will post the information to the News forum/Announcements and to emails, dependent on scheduled times
A News Forum message field contains the standard LEO text editor functions, meaning that in addition to text, you can also add images, links or embedded video.
Messages are a good way to send important information to students, however if your message need to include supporting documentation, it is best to use the News Forum as it includes an 'Attachment' area to upload one or more supporting files. The attachment will be displayed in the news message where students can choose to download the file to a location on their computer or device.
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/949187