Your Profile determines what information other users can see about you in a LEO unit. Whereas Messaging allows you to configure notification methods for incoming messages and how you want to receive emails.
The LEO system creates a personal profile for you. You can:
- add an image of yourself, or an avatar, which will display next to your name in discussion forums and other unit contributions
- add information about yourself and your interests (this will only be available to students in your unit)
- specify whether LEO should display your email address to others (this is hidden to other users but available to users in a unit).
- select the method LEO should use to let you know what’s happening in your units (configure your notification settings).
NOTE: students are automatically enroled in a LEO unit during the unit creation process, however staff need to be added manually added by the editing lecturer of the unit
- For example Assignment settings include an option to notify graders about submissions and late submissions.
- For example Forum subscription includes different options and your forum preferences will impact on what type of email digest you receive (News Forum is forced subscription).
Your Profile and Preferences can be accessed via the 'Dashboard' located under your name in the top right of the LEO or under the Navigation block.
There is limited information you can change in your Profile such as:
- email display (by default this is set as 'Allow only other unit members to see my email address')
- add a profile picture (image)
- add information about your interests (this can only be viewed by unit members).
Your Preferences are dependent on your role and permission level in LEO and provide access to:
- your user account
The most important link in your user account is Messaging which allows you to configure what notifications are sent to you and how they will be sent or displayed.
It is a good idea to keep these as the default, while you monitor what types of information your receive via email and make adjustments accordingly.
Other user account options include
- forum preferences: how and when you receive email digests
- editor preferences see Text editor for more information.
NOTE: Both staff and students can reconfigure notification methods and if ticks are removed from any email options it will effect notification across the units.