Delivery mode: Multiple modes
Duration: 3 hours
Frequency: Once a semester
These workshops provide an opportunity for new academic staff to become familiar with learning and teaching at ACU. The Learning and Teaching Centre offers these workshops in partnership with other support units at ACU, such as the Library.
- meet and network with new and experienced academic staff in your school and other faculties either face-to-face or in a virtual environment.
- locate and use support services for learning and teaching.
- find information on learning and teaching policies, procedures and student management.
- get an introduction to LEO (the learning management system used for learning and teaching at ACU).
This course will enable participants to:
- Find appropriate and helpful information to address questions that arise in the natural course of your academic teaching and learning activities through a semester (information includes policy, associated procedural requirements, details of how these procedures are operationalised at ACU, the names and roles of key contacts and support provisions).
- Direct your efforts and activities in an informed, guided but self-directed way based on an understanding of the requirements of your academic role.
- Apply an understanding of key principles of good practice that are embedded in ACU policies and procedures to your day to day responsibilities associated with your teaching and learning role.
- Use LEO and other systems, plus the full range of administrative resources to advance the responsibilities of your teaching and learning role.
- Collect and collate appropriate resources to build a profile demonstrating excellence in learning and teaching.
Who is it for?
Recommended for all new academic staff, sessional, contract and ongoing employees commencing teaching roles.
What is the time commitment?
When is it available?
Dates for the 2018 workshops will be advertised early next year.
- “I thought this seminar/workshop was well thought out and prepared. It was great! The presenter was welcoming, knowledgeable. She was an engaging as well as a supportive facilitator".
- "I appreciated opportunities to discuss learning and teaching issues with colleagues valuable (where to find resources and support during the teaching period)".
How do I apply?
Note: All necessary resources will be provided during the workshop, however, we recommend you that you bring your own laptop or portable technology device to enable you to access the electronic LEO resource site. Sydney based staff are welcome to attend either Strathfield or North Sydney workshops.
Registration is available via Staff Connect or email.
Course Type Code: INTRO2LT
Course Type Description: Intro to Learning and Teaching
If you are a new academic staff member and are unable to register via Staff Connect or have a query please send an email stating: Full Name, School, Faculty and contact number and email to: Orientation.LTC@acu.edu.au.
Page last updated: 2017-08-25
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/872330