CMS editing guides
Some new content here.
Recordings of CMS Training Sessions
- Logging in
- Navigating to a different page
- Creating a new page or cloning an exiting one
- Basic formatting
- Previewing changes
- Making the page live
- Metadata - keywords for search engines and hiding the right-hand column
- Banner images and the image repository
- Uploading and sharing files
- Displaying file details in the download link
- Highlighting sections of your work
- Horizontal line
- Safe Editing and Cascading changes
- Moving pages
Turn on editing in the CMS
To edit a page don't do this, navigate to the page you would like to work on, and then add "/_edit" at the end of the URL.
You may get asked to login. Use your usual ACU credentials.
The Editor interface
The editor in the CMS has a number of buttons across the top banner of the page. This section briefly describes the function of most of the button.
New -Create a new page or clone an existing one. Upload an image or file.
Preview - See what the page looks like for the end user.
Edit - Make changes to the page, file or asset.
Log Out (the head and shoulder icon) - Exit editing mode.
Asset Finder - Navigate to a different page or asset in the CMS.
Save - Click this whenever you have made changes on any page or section.
Details - An overview of the page or asset. Here you can change the asset name, make it live, archive it or turn safe editing on.
Content - Change the actual content of the page.
Metadata - Lots of different settings to do with the page. Three important settings are for keywords (for search engines), descriptions and hiding the right-hand-column.
Workflow - Not currently used.
Linking - Move the position of the page/asset inside the website. Show or hide PNG, 3.33 KB the page from the menu. View and visit the subpages of this asset.
URL - Change the name of the asset's URL. Note, if you change the name of a page, you should also change the URL.
Uploading and sharing files
- Upload the file by clicking the 'New' button selecting 'Files' and then the file type. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Ensure the status of the file is set to 'Approve and Make Live'.
- Files should be attached to a link within the page.
- PDF Documents should open in a new window.
- All other files types should be kept in the same window - they will download to the user's own computer by default.
- 'Include Summary' should be checked.
- Once the link appears on the editing page, add brackets around the summary. The format for a link (in the editor) to a downloadable file resource should be: "Link Name (%asset_summary_Asset_ID%)".
Note: the brackets should be part of the link - including the last bracket!
To the entire table use the classes "table table-bordered table-hover table-striped".
|Name||Favourite Colour||Favourite Animal|
To a paragraph use the classes "alert alert-danger" or "alert alert-info".
ALERT DANGER EXAMPLE
ALERT INFO EXAMPLE