Designing and developing curriculum
Extended unit outline template
Exemplars of Learning and Teaching Strategies
Federation University Australia has collated resources on various teaching strategies that provide effective learning and teaching outcomes.
Embedding Indigenous Knowings into Curricula
Associate Professor Nerida (Ned) Blair and Dr Kristina Everett yarn about embedding Indigenous Knowings into curricula, with explanations of what this means and how this can be done.
Curriculum Enhancement at ACU
In early February 2016 a series of workshops involving representatives from each Faculty and from Directorates including First Peoples and Identity and Mission came together to discuss how curriculum can and might be enhanced at ACU, with presentations on:
- the governance of the curriculum development process and its timelines;
- the incorporation of the Catholic intellectual tradition, principles of Catholic social teaching and Catholic social thought in our curricula;
- the foundational ideas of writing curriculum; and
- applying these ideas in practice.
The slides from these workshops are provided here, as well as the links for resources on Catholic social thought and teaching provided by IACE.
Role and requirements of the Courses and Academic Quality Committee
from Professor Karen Flowers, Head of the CAQ Committee
Catholic identity and mission
from Professor Jude Butcher and Mr Anthony Steel
Designing (effective) curricula 101
from Dr Duncan Nulty, Learning and Teaching Centre
Peter Faber Business School: realignment of curriculum
from Professor Susan Dann, with an exemplar from Professor Don Ross, Finance (Statistics)
Suggested resources for student and staff formation
(from Anthony Steel, IACE)
- ACU/CA/CRA brochure on Catholic Social Teaching (hard copy)
- IACE CE Resource for staff Community Engagement and Learning: Making a Difference (hard copy)
- FHS/IACE Student Reflection Journal and Log Book
- IACE CE Resource for Students (electronic resource, on each undergraduate student’s LEO homepage)
- Short videos on CST principles (UNCC100, section 1.5.2)
- Catholic Bishops of Scotland on Social Teaching: http://www.justiceandpeacescotland.org.uk/SocialTeaching.aspx
- The Catholic Intellectual Tradition: A conversation at Boston College: http://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/top/church21/pdf/cit.pdf
- Exploring the Catholic Intellectual Tradition: http://www.bc.edu/church21/programs/central-themes/exploring-the-catholic-intellectual-tradition.html