Singing for Fun
‘Hearts in Harmony’ Community Choir
Proudly supported by Australian Catholic University
12 – 1PM EVERY THURSDAY
commencing 3rd March 2011
When & where
- Once a week on Thursdays at midday, for an hour during semester 1
- Commencing Thursday 3rd March
- At the meeting room, 125 Napier St, Atherton Gardens Estate, Fitzroy (near cnr Gertrude Street), Melbourne
What do we do?
- Begin with vocal warm ups including relaxation, breathing and vocal exercises.
- Explore various forms of music (e.g. African chants, Indigenous songs, gospel, folk, jazz, musicals, and possibly music from each others cultures).
- Incorporate movement, actions, harmonies, instrumental accompaniment, signing, improvisation and even a few solos for those who wish.
- Work towards a number of performances during the year including ACU graduation ceremony, community music days and other special occasions<
The benefits of such a group include:
- Social interaction
- Building self esteem and confidence
- Self expression and creativity
- Enhancement of health and well being
Who can join?
Anyone who enjoys singing, is happy to make a commitment and has a sense of FUN!
- Splitter (Music & Movement Education Lecturer) – ACU Melbourne
Susie has a performing background having played keyboards and sung in jazz and function bands as well as lots of solo work. She has also led school and adult choirs for many years. She has a passion for singing and believes it’s a great source of expression for everyone. www.welcometomusic.net
What to bring
- Display book with plastic pockets, recording device and drink bottle
If you are interested in being involved please send your name and contact details; email address and contact number (landline/mobile) to Susie via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Found what you are looking for?