You will have all seen the email sent on Tuesday 16 August by our IT Skill & Awareness Coordinator Alison Lawes - ITskills@acu.edu.au.
Please take this opportunity to attend this training if you weren’t able to participate in this in March or last year. If you are a supervisor (academic or general) please encourage your staff to take the time to attend these sessions which are being held during September across all the campuses.
SharePoint is now being used much more widely by teams, Faculties and cross-departmental areas throughout the University.
SharePoint brings to us all a number of benefits:
- a collaborative but secure permissions based software operating system that’s available anywhere, anytime via Internet connection
- greater space and storage for documents
- helps to limit the level of risk for documents to not be accessible by all those who should have access
- increases transparency amongst teams and units
- increases the ease of communication flow via functionality such as team discussion
- creates a more efficient working environment (particularly with the introduction of workflow - speeding up our approval processes reducing this from weeks and days to just hours and, in many cases, minutes!)
Currently many of us have access to shared drives, which are not available to us from any computer. SharePoint changes this. In the long term it is important that we start to move our documents over to SharePoint and begin archiving our shared drives.
Many of you are already fully up and running using SharePoint and our site owners are working hard contributing to creating a more efficient and useable environment.
If you have any comments regarding your Faculty, Institute or Departmental area on SharePoint please raise this with your Site Owner. If you are unsure who your Site Owner is please download and check the SharePoint Site Owner Listing (PDF, 67kb).
For those wanting to attend the Basic SharePoint Training sessions please see the dates and registration instructions below:
SharePoint Basic Training Dates:
- North Sydney – 5 and 6 September
- Strathfield – 15 September
- Brisbane – 20 and 21 September
- Canberra – 26 September
- Melbourne – 27 and 29 September
- Ballarat – 30 September
- Found what you are looking for?