Head of School Report and School of Business Sydney
by Professor Grant Jones
ACU on the news
Professor Chris Winder (Professor of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment) was recently interviewed on the ABC news on the topic of “Concerns for Australian kids' high lead levels” (Monday 5 November 2012 evening news). Click here for a complete cover.
ACU makes it to the Top 5 for employment rates: (November 9th 2012)
Click here for more on this.
Seminar for Manila Journal editorship
Professors Peter Steane, Robin Kramar and Grant Jones recently provided a seminar in Journal Editorship to visiting academics from Ateneo de Manila University. The goal of the program is to build research leadership capacity, among present and future university leaders and is sponsored under a grant from AusAid.
MyLab options for students
The University has acquired 1500 licences for the Pearson Mylabs Websites in Mathematics and Accounting. This will enable students to gain extra online support in these units. In 2013 we will be concentrating on first year students across all three states who need extra support with the aim of reducing our failure rates in first year Accounting and Statics while maintaining our high standards of assessment.
Sessional Staff applications: quality of applicants increasing in 2012
Earlier this year, we advertised nationally for sessionals staff. We were delighted at the response. It is worthy to note that most of the applicants had PhD qualifications.
The MBA Executive continues to grow. We started at the beginning of last year with 18 students and currently have 70 in the program. Ten students from the first cohort are about to finish their last subject and will graduate in the next graduation round. The MBA (Health) is being introduced at the moment. Students will undergo a mixture of health and business units which will be delivered both online, and integrated into the MBA Executive classroom.
Professor Grant Jones and Dr Sebastian Krook visited Year 11 students, as they transition into Year 12 students at Mary McKillop College. They provided an enrichment class in Business and an information session on life at university for students.
- A Perfect score – ACU Accounting courses reaccreditedA Perfect score – ACU Accounting courses reaccredited
- Dr Mayowa Babalola joins the editorial board of the Journal of Business EthicsDr Mayowa Babalola joins the editorial board of the Journal of Business Ethics
- Thomas More Law School’s Inter Alia Choral Ensemble perform at St Peters Basilica, RomeThomas More Law School’s Inter Alia Choral Ensemble perform at St Peters Basilica, Rome
- Aung San Suu Kyi's Moral Crisis over the Rohingya: We Created It For HerAung San Suu Kyi's Moral Crisis over the Rohingya: We Created It For Her
- Civil liberties, the Rule of Law and the Communist Party caseCivil liberties, the Rule of Law and the Communist Party case
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/484747