Message from the Executive Dean
Much has been achieved since the Faculty came into existence, reaching stretch growth targets and enhancing our portfolio of course offerings at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. This is ably represented by the Annual Report 2010-2011 - a wonderful effort on the part of Deanne and the Marketing team and all contributors!
But there is much to be done, as many of you are aware through your valuable contributions to Course Reviews, Accreditation preparation, and all the work that lies ahead of us for the 2013 Faculty Review and ongoing preparation for AACSB Accreditation. Fortunately, all these activities tie together in helping us forge an even brighter and more productive future together. As Christensen and Eyring put it in their new book, The Innovative University, 'Seen through the lens of disruptive innovation theory, universities are at a critical crossroad. They are both at great risk of competitive disruption and potentially poised for an innovation-fuelled renaissance (p. Xxii)'.
Consequently, we are working hard at shaping our own ongoing renaissance through the Strategy Advance program finalisation - it should be to you shortly - with this year's focus very much on Learning and Teaching Challenges, some of which were alluded to in the University's excellent recent Learning and Teaching Conference which many of you attended. Professor Anne Cummins will be one of our guests on Day 1 as will be the VC on Day 2.
Our Advisory Council has instituted a range of subcommittees across Products, Fundraising, and Marketing and, consequently, we now have some useful leads into the corporate, not-for-profit and government sectors to cover a variety of issues such as internships, grants, program innovations etc.
Among many recent Faculty activities/achievements to be highlighted here and which you can read about further in the newsletter are:
- The ongoing success of our collaboration with OUA with higher than expected unit sales and vital development of our on-line and blended learning capacity and competencies
- The start of our new strategic partnership with AIHE and the BCom (Accounting) in Manila
- New articulation and collaborative arrangements with international universities
- The Launch with the ACU Executive Education of the Postgraduate Certificate in Not-for-Profit Management
- The Launch of our new MBA (Health)
- The implementation of the new Faculty Academic Governance Model
- The award by Professor Anne Cummins for the Retention Strategy funding - purchase of the MyMaths Lab program for our Accounting and Statistics students
- The award by Professor Pauline Nugent of a Flagship grant for developing a postgraduate flagship program - the MBA (Sustainable Enterprises) .... work is already underway with the ACU Executive Education on an Executive Certificate in Sustainable Enterprises
- Increased Media coverage and profiling
- The Launch of the Faculty Master Class series
- Submission of the Faculty Traffic Light Report on Operational Plans
- Submission of the Faculty Response to OPSM's review of TEQSA Risk Profile of the University
- Wonderful graduations, School Counsellor presentations, Open Days, and Dean's List presentations across our campuses
- New academic and administrative positions
- The inaugural meeting of the Faculty Student Liaison Committee
- A growing research profile, grants, and PhD graduands
- The introduction of the new Academic Career Pathways and Promotions Processes
Sincere thanks for all the ongoing hard work, commitment and support from all members of Faculty in advancing excellence across all we do and especially for continuing the core of our activities in advancing Self and Society.
Professor Elizabeth More AM
- Peter Faber Business School awarded prestigious international EPAS accreditationPeter Faber Business School awarded prestigious international EPAS accreditation
- Celebrating 25 years at ACUCelebrating 25 years at ACU
- New accreditation for Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management DegreesNew accreditation for Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management Degrees
- Global classrooms of the future already hereGlobal classrooms of the future already here
- A Perfect score – ACU Accounting courses reaccreditedA Perfect score – ACU Accounting courses reaccredited
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/451993