Sun-Herald City2Surf Event
Six physiotherapy students and one staff member, Cath Emmerson from the School of Physiotherapy, North Sydney volunteered as part of the Heart Foundation support team at the annual Sun-Herald City2Surf event, held in Sydney on Sunday 13 August 2017. The students set up a massage station at the finish line from 9.00am - 1.00pm and offered free leg massages to over 40 runners. The students and Cath received high praise from the organisers and the runners for their skill and professionalism and the Heart Foundation is keen for the School to participate in this event again in 2018.
Vestibular Rehabilitation Program Course
The School of Physiotherapy, North Sydney hosted the recent Vestibular Rehabilitation Program Course, 25 – 30 September 2017. This is an internationally recognised course that is only offered in Australia every 2-3 years. Professors Susan Herdman, Rick Clendaniel and a team of American and Australian clinicians delivered the evidence-based, six-day course designed for physiotherapists, occupational therapists and medical doctors who have experience treating patients/clients with vestibular deficits.
Two courses were delivered over several venues at the North Sydney campus, with 130 participants from across Australia attending the Basic Vestibular and the Advanced Vestibular Rehabilitation courses. Overall, the course was a great success and the School received positive feedback from the organisers on the facilities, resources and support from School of Physiotherapy staff. In particular, staff member Dr Simone Dorsch received high praise for her input in assisting with the coordination and organisation of the course, which took 12 months of planning to come to fruition.
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
- NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers
Page last updated: 2017-11-03
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1342538