The following summarises the main points around ACU’s new branding and is taken from the Brand Guidelines:
Impact through Empathy
It’s been a BIG year in marketing. ACU launched its new brand on 1st June, to coincide with its 2017 Open Days. This was the first stage of a comprehensive brand strategy.
At the strategy’s core is the brand essence, ‘Impact through empathy’. ‘Impact’ signifies that we are a community dedicated to making a real and positive difference in society as a whole, as well as in the lives of the individuals with whom we interact. ‘Empathy’ reflects how our desire to improve society and the lives of individuals, isn’t born of some purely intellectual, social or political position.
The brand strategy is to guide everything we do: curricula, research priorities, our choice of partnerships, and how we interact with each other.
Our primary audience
Our audience has been identified as ‘people who look beneath the surface and are on a life-long journey of personal growth’. Three student ‘segments’ were identified: ‘Connected Altruists’, ‘Motivated Achievers’ and ‘Open-minded Discoverers’. While being different, the three segments share this common mindset: they are people who are stronger than superficial measures of success. They march to the beat of a different drum – a beat that comes from within themselves. It pushes them to pursue a lifelong journey of personal growth, to engage with curiosity and generosity of spirit, and ask what makes a life worth living.
There are a number of elements that make up our new brand identity: the brandmark, colour palette, typography, perspective shapes, photography, icons, tables, graphs and charts and language. The colour palette has been carefully selected to represent our new brand essence. Red represents impact, purple represents empathy.
The new brand is to be fully rolled out for the start of March, 2018. Staff are encouraged to use up remaining stocks of existing stationery by this date, from when new stock only should be used.
- The public website was reskinned for the launch of the new brand on June 1st, and a brand new public website is set to be launched mid-2018
- New messages for each discipline have been devised with input from MER, Faculty Marketing and each of the Schools. Juxtaposed images have been used to represent two different perspectives
- A photo shoot has taken place across the campuses, taking into account the new brand voice and these photos will replace all existing photos: shot in outdoor locations ranging from urban to rural, capturing a range of climates and with subjects front on or shot at three-quarter view, looking directly to the camera. Facial expressions communicate strength, empathy and confidence. Hair, makeup and accessories convey personal style. Expressions of individuality include jewellery, glasses, scarves, bags and wardrobe choices. View 2018 photo shoot
- Email signatures, ACU templates – PowerPoint presentations, minutes, certificates, posters etc. have been updated
- New campus signage is currently being completed.
For Brand Guidelines, templates, email signatures, logos, photo release forms, please go to the Brand Templates and Guidelines link which can be found under the ‘Quicklinks’ section on the Staff website homepage.
- Professor of Ageing acknowledged Professor of Ageing acknowledged
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
Page last updated: 2017-11-15
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1344284