Faculty of Health Sciences Values Awards 2016
2016 was the second year where the Faculty of Health Sciences recognised staff who incorporate the values of excellence, dignity and engagement, as articulated in the Faculty’s Positioning Statement and Values in their day to day work.
Four Awards are available each year in the following categories:
- Academic staff
- Professional staff
- Causal/sessional staff
- FHS team (>3 staff)
These awards acknowledge staff that demonstrate the values of:
Pursuing excellence in education, research, engagement and service in the Health Sciences. Our mission is advanced through innovation, understanding and working towards the highest quality standards, and being courageous and resilient.
Respecting the value and work of each person. We centre ourselves on respect, compassion, integrity and inclusiveness with all people and communities. Dignity of the individual is at the heart of our interactions, relationships and partnerships.
We are responsive to all our students and stakeholders. We take a collaborative and collegial approach with flexibility to continuously improve health and wellbeing and serve local, national and international communities.
Over 50 high quality nominations were received.
Congratulations to the Faculty of Health Sciences Employee Values Award recipients for 2016:
- 2016 Academic Staff Award – Dr David Opar
Lecturer, School of Exercise Science – Melbourne Campus
- 2016 Professional Staff Award – Ms Theresia Kremer
Faculty Administrator, Office of the Executive Dean – Melbourne Campus
- 2016 Sessional/Casual Staff Award – Dr Vanessa Spiller
Sessional Academic Staff, School of Psychology – Brisbane Campus
- 2016 Faculty of Health Sciences Team Award – Dr Bronwyn Gordon, Ms Alison Peeler, Ms Mandy El Ali, Ms Shannon Barnes & Ms Claire Stewart. NRSG257 Child, Adolescent & Family Nursing teaching team, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine – Multiple Campuses
- ACU graduate named 2017 Paramedic of the Year ACU graduate named 2017 Paramedic of the Year
- Vanuatu establishes first ever bronchoscopy service Vanuatu establishes first ever bronchoscopy service
- ACU's Dr Ryan Timmins wins People's Choice Award for PhD ACU's Dr Ryan Timmins wins People's Choice Award for PhD
- ACU's Dirk Melton to help rebuild Canterbury Bulldogs ACU's Dirk Melton to help rebuild Canterbury Bulldogs
- Stroke nurses improving patient outcomes Stroke nurses improving patient outcomes
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1196299