Health simulation at ACU
December at ACU marks an exciting line up of events at the Melbourne campus for academics and professional staff working in health simulation. On December 5 and 6, academics from across the faculty will be coming together and focusing their energies on planning simulation activities at the first FHS Simulation Boot Camp. This two-day intensive aims to increase the presence of quality and sustainable simulation activity in health curricula.
On December 7, the ACU Simulation in Health Education Showcase returns to Melbourne. Now in its 6th year, the sell-out Showcase will bring together academics, educators and technical staff from the Victorian education and health care sectors to explore the theme 'Sustaining quality simulation post-Health Workforce Australia'. Highlights of this year's program include Keynote Speaker, Associate Professor Margaret Bearman from Monash University, numerous hands-on workshops, and the signature feature of the Showcase, insights into the health education and health care communities approaches to sustainable and innovative simulation. The week will close with the InSPIRE/Laerdal Debriefing Boot Camp on December 8 and 9, facilitated by Professor Tracy Levett-Jones (University of Newcastle) and Dr Stephen Guinea (ACU).
This extensive program of events follows on from the successful SimGHOSTS Medical Simulation Technology Conference held in July this year, which saw over 100 people from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the USA and Pakistan converge on the Melbourne campus for four days.
It is wonderful to see the agenda for quality simulation learning and teaching evolve at ACU Faculty of Health Sciences and I look forward in anticipation to this progressing in 2017.
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
- NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1123158