Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine update
Postgraduate mental health accreditation
At a ceremony in Melbourne on Tuesday 23 February, ACU’s Faculty of Health Sciences was awarded full accreditation for the following postgraduate courses: Graduate Diploma of Mental Health (Nursing) and Master of Mental Health (Nursing) by the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses.
The two courses meet the standards of the profession as defined by the National Framework for Postgraduate Mental Health Nursing Education.
This is the inaugural accreditation of postgraduate courses within Australian College of Mental Health Nurses in Australia and a very proud achievement of the ACU team.
Dr Helen McCabe commenced with the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine, North Sydney campus in December 2015. Soon afterwards she took a cohort of students to the ACU Rome Centre in January where she taught the core unit of Health Care Ethics.
Other new appointments to join the North Sydney campus on 1 January, 2016 are: Alison Hansen, Denise McGarry and Dr Christine Chisentangambu-Winters.
The following new clinical initiatives are being led by:
Dr Constance Ryan
ACU/Calvary Clinical School transitioning to second a five year agreement to expand services across four campuses in ACT Calvary Healthcare.
Kerry Mawson and Rose McMaster
Speciality Practice Initiative, Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol, Northern Sydney Local Health District where 14 students will commence in 2016.
Susan Gilbert and Elizabeth Cleary
RNSH Night Duty Pilot where a small group of students will be facilitated to undertake night duty experience in acute care environments.
New scholarships and awards
The following new scholarships have been established or are in the process of being established:
RSL LifeCare: Three Awards
St John of God Healthcare NSW Services (comprising Hawksbury, Richmond and Burwood Hospitals):
With an Indigenous focus, St John of God has committed $10,000 per year over three years to complete a BN degree to four recipients, a total commitment of $120,000 over six years.
Calvary John James Hospital Awards:
4x $1,000 to be given to ACU students annually
Excellence in Clinical Practice Award - $1,000 Bursary to be awarded annually
- Allied health initiatives showcased at final year student conference Allied health initiatives showcased at final year student conference
- Professor of Ageing acknowledged Professor of Ageing acknowledged
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/829063