Each year, the School of Psychology organises an annual conference to promote research and foster research mentoring in the School. The 28th of September 2015 marked our 4th Annual Psychology Conference. The purpose of this day is for our 4th year, Masters and PhD Students to showcase their research in a supportive and collegial environment. The day included two keynote addresses. We were blessed to have Professor Christina Lee (University of Queensland) and our very own Professor Marita McCabe discuss their research examining health across the lifespan and offer insight into the diversity of applied (psychological) research. Students were fascinated by the prospect of psychological research being implemented in real-life settings and translated to policy-making.
We had fantastic engagement and participation throughout the day across all three campuses. Staff and students commented that it was one of the best conferences to date. They were inspired by the keynote speakers, and were struck by the supportive and encouraging environment. A highlight was the diversity in student research, with areas such as cognitive, health, clinical, educational, and social psychological research explored. Staff and students voted for the best oral and poster presentations.
Congratulations to all prize winners!
Atholl Murray and Lily Zwetsloot (Best Oral Presentation – tied winners);
Emmie Nuku (Best poster presentation)
Anna Benincasa (Best Oral Presentation); Louise Tempany (Best Poster Presentation)
Charnelle Mack (Best Presentation); Amelia Fraser and Rachael Watson (Highly Commended Presentations)
4th Annual School of Psychology Conference (Brisbane). Prize Winners left to right: Lily Zwetsloot (Best oral presentation), Carina Chan (DHoS), Atholl Murray (Best oral presentation), Emmie Nuku (Best poster presentation).
- Professor of Ageing acknowledged Professor of Ageing acknowledged
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
Page last updated: 2017-10-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/792961