Allied Health Update
IAHA Professional Development Scholarship
Krishna Nahow, first year OT student on the Brisbane campus, has been awarded the IAHA Professional Development Scholarship to attend the 2015 Indigenous Allied Health Australia (IAHA) National Conference to be held in Cairns in November 2015. Congratulations Krishna!
Centre for Disability and Development Research: Enabling diversity across the lifespan
The inaugural meeting of professorial leadership group of the Faculty of Health Science’s new research centre, CeDDR, was held at The Rome Centre, Italy, in early October. The Directors of CeDDR, Professors Christine Imms (School of Allied Health) and Peter Wilson (School of Psychology) met with ACU Professorial Fellow Bert Steenbergen (Behavioural Science Institute Radboud University, The Netherlands), and Professor Mats Granlund (CHILD research group, Jonkoping University, Sweden) in residence for four days, and were joined via Skype by ACU Professorial Fellow Peter Rosenbaum (CanChild Centre for Childhood Disability Research, McMaster University, Canada) and Professor Andrew Gordon (the Centre for Cerebral Palsy Research, Columbia University, USA) on two days. The goal of the meeting was to further develop our international collaborations between the research groups, to initiate project linkages within current work, and to build on the CeDDR’s conceptual foundations through joint publications and future grants. Strong themes were the profile of participation as a primary medium for rehabilitation and the capacity of the group to build links across basic mechanisms and childhood participation. In addition to the productive activity of this group, an international on-line meeting was also held that included childhood disability researchers from South Africa, Taiwan, Sweden and Portugal. This larger group have collaborative projects that focus on enhancing participation outcomes for those with childhood-onset disability.
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
- NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers
Page last updated: 2017-10-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/793209