Faculty of Health Sciences receives international visitors from the University of Huddersfield
The Faculty of Health Sciences at Australian Catholic University and the School of Human and Health Sciences University of Huddersfield (UoH) (UK) have formed a partnership, facilitated by Associate Professor Karen-leigh Edward and in collaboration with Professor Michelle Campbell. This new and exciting alliance has resulted in scholars Professor John Playle, Clinical Associate Professor Karen Ousey and Dr John Stephenson from the University of Huddersfield visiting the ACU Melbourne Campus in March 2015.
The planned visit is an opportunity to strengthen teaching and learning and research synergies that exist between the two Universities. Already the partnership has yielded joint grant applications, joint publications (including a Cochrane Collaboration Review), the development of a new Skin Integrity and Infection Prevention Institute at the University of Huddersfield where Associate Professor Edward is the central international representative and the launch of a new international wounds journal later on this year.
Our three visiting scholars presented seminars during March.
Professor John Playle is the Dean of the School of Human and Health Sciences at the University of Huddersfield. He is a Mental Health Nurse by profession, has worked clinically in mental healthcare/community settings establishing a range of innovative primary care mental health services. He trained as a counsellor and undertook further studies in psychodynamic Group Analysis. He has worked as a lecturer and completed a research study into the subject of patient compliance. John moved to the University of Manchester, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work and pursued further research into Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Mental Health Nursing, and wider Professional Workforce issues.
Dr Karen Ousey is a Reader in Advancing Clinical Practice within the Division of Podiatry and Clinical Sciences, a Clinical Associate Professor at the Australian Catholic University and Director of the Institute of Skin Integrity and Infection Prevention at the University of Huddersfield. She is a Florence Nightingale Scholar and her clinical background is in orthopaedics and tissue viability.
Dr John Stephenson is a Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Statistics at the University of Huddersfield (School of Human and Health Sciences). John was employed as an engineer for 10 years in the nuclear industry. He has a BSc(Hons)degree in mathematics, a Masters of Philosophy in materials science and a PhD in medical statistics.
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
- NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers
Page last updated: 2017-10-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/733835