Message from the Executive Dean
This is our second newsletter for 2014 from the Faculty of Health Sciences and I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to the continued success of the Faculty during these challenging and exciting times.
I would like to welcome two new members of staff to the Office of the Executive Dean:
- Professor Karen Willis Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching). Professor Willis commenced with the Faculty of Health Sciences on 23 July 2014 and is located on the Melbourne campus.
- Professor Maree Johnson Associate Dean (Research). Professor Johnson commenced with the Faculty of Health Sciences on 21 July 2014 and is located on the North Sydney campus.
- The Institute for Health and Ageing led by Professor Marita McCabe
- The Institute for Health led by Professor Simon Stewart
- The Institute for Positive Psychology and Education led by Professor Rhonda Craven
ACU is continuing to grow according to a comprehensive Enrolment Plan, and the Faculty Executive has contributed to the review and updating of the Faculty of Health Sciences Enrolment Plan 2015 2020, which is now close to completion.
As a result of our continued growth and development, the Faculty has been working closely with the Properties Directorate to coordinate the refurbishment of new offices and facilities at the Brisbane, North Sydney and Melbourne campuses.
The Faculty of Health Sciences has been successful in bidding for additional funding to support a number of projects associated with furthering the key result areas of the university and retention initiatives.
The Faculty has been successful in bidding for $220,000 to assist in the establishment of new programs, offering existing programs at new campus locations, purchasing of new simulation equipment and development of new projects with Executive Education for the HealthCare Hub.
The Faculty has also successfully bid for over $60,000 to assist Schools in developing retention initiatives which include supporting students enrolled in targeted units in order to increase pass rates, developing bridging programs and providing support for students new to the University in order to raise their levels of engagement.
2014 continues to be a time of great change for our Faculty and I would like to thank all staff for their commitment which will allow Health Sciences to be well positioned in the future.
Professor Michelle Campbell
- Professor of Ageing acknowledged Professor of Ageing acknowledged
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/678957