Message from the Executive Dean
This is our first newsletter for 2014 and I would like to welcome you to a new year which promises to be a busy, challenging and exciting time for the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The Futures Project is well under-way and this has resulted in significant growth for our Faculty. At present the Faculty of Health Sciences has nearly 13,000 students/ 11,000 EFTSL which accounts for approximately half of all students studying with Australian Catholic University.
The start of 2014 sees the introduction of several new courses including postgraduate programs in High Performance Sport and Mental Health, and undergraduate programs in Applied Public Health / Global Studies, Exercise Science / Business Administration, Exercise Science / Public Health.
2014 also sees the extension of existing programs to new campuses including the Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Psychology to Melbourne, undergraduate programs in Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology to Brisbane, and Psychology (Honours) and Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology to Strathfield.
On behalf of the Faculty of Health Sciences and the University I extend a warm welcome to all staff joining us in new and existing disciplines.
A special welcome also to staff and students from Psychology, Social Work and Science who have joined us as a result of the Faculty realignment component of the Futures Project, and staff and students from the Institute of Positive Psychology & Education (IPPE) who have joined Australian Catholic University and the Faculty as a result of the research intensification component of the Futures Project.
The Faculty is on track to meet its 2014 enrolment targets and has had growth across many disciplines. The popularity of Health Science programs demonstrates that students are attracted to the Faculty’s high quality courses, outstanding teaching, research and purpose built facilities.
- To Professor Meg Stuart on her appointment as National Head of the School of Science
- To Ms Joanne Cameron on her appointment as Head of the Centre for Professional Practice and Partnerships
This has been a time of great change for our Faculty and I would like to thank all staff for their commitment which will allow Health Sciences to be well positioned in the future.
I look forward to 2014 with confidence that we can achieve quality learning and research outcomes in Health Sciences.
Professor Michelle Campbell
- Professor of Ageing acknowledged Professor of Ageing acknowledged
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/619593