Opening of O-Block
ACU's Brisbane Campus recently held an official opening and blessing of the new exercise science and physiotherapy facility, O-Block. Built in early 2011, O-Block is a state-of-the-art facility which provides students with excellent opportunities to learn "hand-on" skills in a modern space.
"It was an honour to have His Grace bless this important teaching and learning space," said Executive Dean of Health Sciences Professor Michelle Campbell. "This building represents a substantial investment by the University, a result of ACU's commitment to the health sciences and dedication to providing Australia's future healthcare workers."
"We hope the shared space between exercise science and physiotherapy will encourage more collaborative work between the two schools and continue to grow ACU's research profile. However, above all, the contemporary space it is a fantastic facility for our current and future students, and will contribute towards their rich learning experience."
The building includes research offices, teaching and student research facilities, as well as three labs including a strength and conditioning lab, physiotherapy research lab and exercise physiology lab.
The building was named in honour of the Most Reverend Archbishop John A Bathersby who attended to perform the blessing and open the building with Vice-Chancellor Professor Greg Craven.
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
- NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/418655