Message from Associate Dean Academic and International
Message from Associate Dean Academic and International, Associate Professor Karen Flowers
This new role has been created within the Faculty to provide academic leadership to ensure excellence and quality of Faculty academic programs and international activities, including University and faculty priorities of community engagement, indigenisation and internationalisation. Associate Professor Karen Flowers has been appointed to this position, which will focus on course approval and accreditation and quality assurance.
As part of this role Karen chairs the Academic Programs Standing Committee, a new committee of Faculty Board which focuses on the governance and quality of academic programs, both onshore and offshore. The committee will also monitor and report on articulation pathways, recognition of prior learning, and credit arrangements for Faculty academic programs.
Karen has previously held the positions of Associate Dean nursing and Midwifery and Associate Dean Learning and Teaching within the faculty and brings considerable experience to this role. Over the last eight months Karen has also held the part time position of Academic Project Officer in the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic, leading course development committees for the new Bachelor of Laws and associated dual degrees and the new Master of Leadership (Health, Business, Education and Human Services). Within the Faculty Karen has lead the development of the new Bachelor of Speech Pathology and review of the Facultyââ‚¬™s midwifery courses.
Karen is keen to work with current and new disciplines in the Faculty in her new role to promote effective governance for the quality of our courses but also to meet the expectations of external agencies such as TEQSA, AQF and the various health discipline accreditation bodies.
- ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge ACU paramedicine students awarded second prize in Ferno Australia Paramedic Simulation Challenge
- Psychology week at ACU Psychology week at ACU
- ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP ACU staff, students and alumni keeping riders and crew safe at the 2017 Phillip Island MotoGP
- ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing ACU's Director of Nursing Research inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing
- NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers NHRMC success for ACU nurse researchers
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/418375