By participating in placements, students develop:
- a greater understanding of the ways in which professionals operate within a variety of contexts;
- critical thinking and analysis skills, including:
- the ability to transfer knowledge between theoretical concepts and practical applications; and
- the skills to effectively facilitate independent learning;
- the ability to plan, organise and coordinate health care/treatment/interventions in the workplace environment;
- effective communication, collaboration and therapeutic skills with clients/patients, health care professionals and others in the workplace environment; and
- specific knowledge and understanding of their chosen discipline.