Protocols apply when the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, VIPs or significant media are involved. These protocols exist to ensure that ACU events are presented professionally and reflect the overall reputation and image of the University.
- If you would like the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor to host or attend as a guest, you are required to forward a request through to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and President (OVCP) in the form of a brief. The Event Brief should include information such as the event name, proposed date and time, location, their involvement (host, speaker, guest only) and duration (if delivering a speech) and any other special requirements. Send the completed brief to Simone Chetcuti (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor is hosting your event, the invitation format and wording, and the proposed guest list should be approved by the relevant EPG member first before sending to the OVCP for final approval. The OVCP will advise whether the invitation/guest list is to come from the individual faculty/area, their office or the Events Team. Please allow sufficient time for the OVCP to approve the guest list and invitation.
- If VIPs (see following page) or significant media are attending the event, the invitations should be issued and/or approved by the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor. The VIP should also have the opportunity to approve the document that refers to them. Media invites should be cleared through your local media officer.
- If VIPs have a speaking role at the event, a speaker brief is required. The brief must be approved and sent from the OVCP. The OVCP may however require assistance in drafting this document. Refer to the Speaker Brief Document as an example which includes all information that is required to provide to the speaker.
- You are required to send a Runsheet (refer to section 3.8 for templates) to the OVCP (Simone Chetcuti), one week prior to the event, to provide the Chancellor and/or Vice-Chancellor with information on the event including:
- Contact list including contact mobile number (someone actually attending the event)
- Order of proceedings (event timings)
- Confirmed guest list (including guest name, organisation and position) and a list of apologies
- Suggested speaker notes (these notes should include the reason for and importance of the event and if relevant, the history, current issues and where to from here)
- List the VIP guests that should be acknowledged, with their full titles and biography (if applicable)
- Table seating plan (if applicable)
- Dress code
- Any other points that you would like the Chancellor/Vice-Chancellor to acknowledge, ie, donors, sponsors, list of thank you’s, etc
Associate Vice-Chancellor’s / Campus Deans
Protocols also apply for events that do not involve the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor. For most events, the Associate Vice-Chancellor (AVC) or Campus Dean would then host the event and become the official ACU representative. Please note the following:
- When selecting a date on campus for an event, please check this with the AVC or Campus Dean to ensure this date does not clash with other ACU events and they are available to attend/host the event.
- For campus events where the Vice-Chancellor is not in attendance, the AVC or Campus Dean would host the event and be the point of contact.
- If VIP’s are attending, all correspondence should be approved or sent via the AVC/ Campus Dean’s office.
- For events that are hosted by the AVC or Campus Dean, all invitations, guest lists and collateral must be approved by their office.
- If the Vice-Chancellor is hosting the event, the AVC or Campus Dean would be the Master of Ceremonies (MC) and introduce the Vice-Chancellor and other speakers.
Please see campus contacts below:
Professor Marea Nicholson, Associate Vice-Chancellor (Sydney)
Executive Assistant, Belinda Lynch / T: 02 9701 4223 / E: Belinda.email@example.com
Dr John Ballard, Associate Vice-Chancellor (Melbourne)
Executive Assistant, Wyn McLean / T: 03 9953 3306 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Jim Nyland, Associate Vice-Chancellor (Brisbane)
Administrative Officer, Anne-Maree Phillips/ T: 07 3623 7111 / E: email@example.com
Associate Professor Patrick McArdle, Campus Dean (Canberra)
Executive Assistant, Pam Floro / T: 02 6209 1129 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Professor Joe Fleming, Campus Dean (Ballarat)
Administrative Officer, Nola Jenkins / T: 03 5336 5334 / E: email@example.com
- Members of parliament or government
- Heads of Churches / religious leaders
- International dignitaries
- Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors from other universities, or notable academics
- Heads of major companies and organisations
- High profile donors, alumni or celebrities
Page last updated: 2017-10-05
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/445536