1. Make use of the venue’s sustainability features
2. Eliminate wasted energy
3. Avoid the disposables
4. Recycle right
5. Provide sustainable food
- Fair trade tea, coffee, sugar and chocolate pays producers (who are farmers in developing countries) with a fair price to support them and their communities
- Free range chickens and pigs are not confined in cruel enclosures and lead more natural lives
- Local and seasonal: the less distance food travels to your plate, the lower its environmental impact
- Vegetarian: food crops have a much lower impact on the planet than livestock, so provide your guests with some vegetarian options too.
6. Paper: less is more
Do not provide show bags or copious amounts of printed material. Always question if the printing of brochures and pamphlets is necessary. When printing is necessary use vegetable based inks and postconsumer recycled content paper.
Consider your impact during all stages of event planning, implementation and execution. Wherever there is scope to green up your act. DO SO!
BE PROUD OF YOUR EFFORTS
Page last updated: 2017-10-05
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/445604