Procedure to complete a lease
The procedure for completing a lease contract is as follows:
- 3 months prior to the end of the lease, Macquarie will contact IT Purchasing with the details of the equipment that will be coming out of lease.
- IT Purchasing will notify the Manager of the cost centre/project code responsible for the equipment that is coming out of lease.
- For each leased asset, Managers must choose a course of action:
- Purchase the asset.
- Purchase and commence a New Lease
- Return the asset and replace with another leased standard desktop pc/laptop.
In order to choose any of the return options you must have all power cords, monitor cables, keyboard, mouse and any other peripherals which may have been supplied at the time of leasing, including the Microsoft license sticker. Locating these items is the responsibility of the cost centre holding the lease.
Since Macquarie requires at least a months’ notice of return of assets, your response must be received by IT Purchasing within the month. If it is not possible to locate all the parts of leased assets, the cost centre will be charged a ‘diminished value’ fee by Macquarie from the end of lease date. It is also possible to send back a like-for-like PC/laptop/monitor if the original item can’t be found, However, it should be checked that the like-for-like item isn’t due back to Macquarie at a later date.
- IT Purchasing will forward a consolidated list to Macquarie formalising ACU's response to Macquarie.
- If the cost centre chooses to
- Purchase the asset:
- A buyout figure will be obtained from Macquarie and sent to the Cost Centre/Project Code Manager for approval.
- Purchase & commence a New Lease
- The signatory will receive a buyout figure sent by Macquarie to IT Purchasing and forwarded. They are to inform IT Purchasing if they are happy with the amount and wish to go ahead with the purchase. New lease equipment will be arranged by IT Purchasing.
- Return the asset, no replacement required:
- IT will arrange packaging and return of assets and will be in contact with the users approximately a month before the equipment is to be returned to Macquarie.
IT Purchasing will prepare an electronic copy of the Notice of Intention to Return (NITR) form.
At the time of collection, this form must be completed by the Campus Co-ordinator indicating total number of items collected. The completed electronic copy should be sent to IT Purchasing upon collection of the goods. A hard copy of the NITR form is to be signed by the consignee. This must be retained by the Campus Co-ordinator as proof that the items were collected.
- Return the asset and replace with another leased standard desktop pc/laptop:
- IT will arrange package and return of assets.
- IT Purchasing will prepare an electronic copy of the Notice of Intention to Return (NITR) form.
- At the time of collection, this form must be completed by the Campus Co-ordinator indicating total number of items collected. The completed electronic copy should be sent to IT Purchasing upon collection of the goods. A hard copy of the NITR form is to be signed by the consignee. This must be retained by the Campus Co-ordinator as proof of the number of items collected.
- The completed and signed 'Leased Asset Election Form' is taken as approval for IT to arrange a replacement machine at the cost centres expense.
- Please Note: where the machine is subsequently not returned, or a substitute like-for-like not supplied as a replacement, the old leased machine will continue to stay on the leasing list with leasing payments being taken out from the cost centre/project code. This will continue until such time a buyout is arranged or the item is sent back to Macquarie.
- The machine will be to the standards as supplied on ACU's website at the time of replacement.
- Packaging Check list:
- Power cords for all assets
- Operating systems for all notebooks and desktop PCs (Manual with Certificate of Authenticity ("COA") sticker and CDs, or COA sticker on asset).
- VGA cables for monitors
- Transformers, spare batteries, docking stations, removable drives, network cards and dongles for notebooks
- NB: pack the power cords, VGA cables, operating systems, accessories, etc with the asset they were leased with. Please do NOT pack them separately, as they will be noted as missing when the asset is surveyed on return.
- All passwords (including BIOS/CMOS and hard disk encryption passwords) must be removed from notebooks, PCs, photocopiers, etc.
- Any stickers (except Mircosoft COA and Macquarie Bank barcode stickers) decals, security chains must be removed.
- All equipment being delivered to our agents must be properly wrapped and packed for transport.
All assets will be collected by Macquarie.
Our current preferred suppliers
Dell Australia, Computers Now, Harris Technology.