New IT Service Portal
To help improve the way IT services are delivered to staff at ACU the IT Directorate is releasing a new IT Service Portal from early February 2018.
The new portal is a one stop shop where staff can request IT assistance and support in a single location 24/7.
Accessing IT services and support will be simple and easy!
Staff will be able to:
- raise a request—find services and items you require
- report a problem and track progress
- view their logged tickets
- download a range of software without IT assistance
- access a range of information on various topics - you don’t need to wait for IT assistance
- view IT news and alerts
- send feedback to help us improve service
The new portal will provide many benefits to staff:
- improved user experience
- improved communication
- saving time—through automation of IT service requests
- 24/7 visibility of your IT service requests
- improved response times to resolve IT service requests
- IT services will be delivered quicker
IT services on the portal will be released in stages from February until late 2018.We are working with many areas across the University to ensure the IT Service Portal’s design is user friendly.
End User Testing
4 – 8 December 2017
Key representatives across ACU businesses areas, Faculties and Schools
Pilot Group Trial
Mid December 2017
Early February 2018
Information awareness sessions
Early February 2018
Seeking your involvement
ACU staff involvement is vital to ensure the portal meets your needs. There are ways you can be part of this project. IT invites staff to nominate for:
User Acceptance Testing (4 to 8 December 2017)
The estimated time commitment for User Acceptance Testing is approx. three hours on Day One and two hours a few days later to retest. If you would like to participate, email—ITServicePortal@acu.edu.au
Training (early February 2018)
If you are a key IT User for your work group and find yourself managing a wide range of IT requests—email ITServicePortal@acu.edu.au
We will keep you informed on rollout dates and awareness training information sessions. All staff will be invited to attend these sessions.
Why is a new IT Service Portal needed?
IT is seeking to improve its service delivery and excellence in-line with ACUs Service Matters Framework—and to help make your job easier.
Currently we manage more than 68,000 requests per year. The portal will improve turnaround times through better automation of IT services. It will help us to monitor and measure our IT service standards and performance.
The portal will allow us to collect feedback from staff and make continuous IT improvements.
If you have a question or want more information, please:
- Call—Maria Cindric, IT Senior Project Manager 02 9739 2270 or Carolyn Petrovic, IT Communications and Change Coordinator 03 9953 3599
Page last updated: 2017-11-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1341835