ACU Service Management Suite
The ACU Service Management Suite is the call ticketing system used when staff place requests for support through the National Service Desk. The system supports requests for IT and Properties related matters.
ACU Service Management Suite offers a web based Self-Service Portal: https://acu.service-now.com enabling you to track the progress of your support call. You can add additional comments to you open incident & requests directly via Self Service. The Service is available to all University staff.
How the Service Management Suite works
1. New calls received by the Service Desk will be classified as either:
- an “Incident” (something is broken and I need it fixed) or
- a “Request” (I need something e.g. a new computer, a room booking, etc).
2. Following classification as either an “Incident” or “Request” the call then goes forward to the appropriate group for action. You will then receive an email confirming creation of the incident/request and the number allocated to it by the system. The Request or Incident number will appear as a hyperlink and when you click on this link it will take you to the ACU Service Management Suite Self-Service Portal.
3. To access the Incident or Request via the portal you will first need to login with your ACU username and password.
4. As work progresses it’s possible for the team member/s conducting the work to allocate comments to the incident/request. You will also receive these comments via email. If you add additional comments such as more information or requesting an update to an incident/request via the portal or by replying to the incident/request confirmation email the person allocated the job will also receive these comments in a notification email to alert them and can view them in the incident/request.
5. You can log into the Service Management Suite at any time to view your current Incidents/Requests at https://acu.service-now.com
6. For any queries relating to the Service Management Suite please contact Service Desk on (07) 3623 7272 or email email@example.com