Legislation Policies and Procedures
International students are carefully safeguarded by the Australian Government through a variety of legislative measures, and also through the internal quality assurance mechanisms which operate within the university.
- Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000
- The ESOS Acts and regulations set out the legal framework governing delivery of education to overseas students studying in Australia on a student visa.
- The National Code
- The National Code is a set of nationally consistent standards that governs the protection of overseas students and delivery of courses to those students
- Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- The official Australian Government website that lists all Australian education providers to offer courses to people studying in Australia on student visas and the courses offered.
- Student Visas
- Information about the mandatory and discretionary Student Visa conditions set by the Australian Department of Immigration
- The Australian Government's overseas aid program which aims to increase access to and the quality of education and training for people in partner countries.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- A summary of the Academic Board approved English proficiency levels required for international students to gain entry to study at ACU
- Academic Entry Requirements
- A listing of Australian Year 12 equivalencies for qualifications taken overseas
- Course Coordinators Guide for Exchange & Study Abroad (PDF, 198kb)
- A guide to assist course coordinators who are asked to approve units to be studied by either incoming or outgoing exchange or study abroad students.
- University Handbook
- Important information is provided in the university handbook including academic progression requirements