Cross Cultural Resources
Cultural difference can be perplexing and bewildering and can have a profound impact on the experiences of international students studying in Australia.
Communication and Learning Styles
- Understanding Chinese Culture and Learning (PDF, 108kb)
- Ting Wang, University of Canberra, Australia
- This paper examines Chinese learning traditions and research on Chinese learners' conceptions of learning.
- Cross-cultural study of Asian and European student perception
- Christopher Selvarajah, Swinburne University, Australia
- This paper seeks to explore educational objectives and attitudes to assessment methods between Chinese and New Zealand European students.
- Working on Common Cross-cultural Communication Challenges
- Marcelle E. DuPraw and Marya Axner, Arcadia Pictures, USA.
- An overview of six fundamental patterns of cultural differences.
- Adjustments and Culture Shock
- Center of Global Education, Loyola Marymount University, USA.
- An excerpt from the Student Study Abroad Handbook.
- Culture Shock & The Problem Of Adjustment To New Cultural Environments
- Consortium for International Education & Multicultural Studies, Milwaukee, USA A resource provided for students looking for international study programs.
Celebrating Different Cultures
- Calendar of Cultural and Religious Dates
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), Australia.
- A calendar of the many cultural and religious events, festivals and days that are celebrated each year in Australia and throughout the world.
- The New York Times Company, USA.
- News, culture, travel and language insights from around the world.