BANNER 8.7 Upgrade
The upgrade of BANNER to version 8.7 was successfully implemented over the period, 27 November to 1 December. All users are now accessing the upgraded versions of BANNER and Student Connect.
BANNER 8.7 has introduced new tables and structure, which will facilitate a further move to the enhanced BANNER XE functionality next year. Users will notice minimal changes with this new version of BANNER as most changes have occurred to background database structures.
Some changes you might notice are:
- A minor change to the font used by the program, which changes the appearance. However, all menus, components and fields are still in the same location.
- A change to the way Grades are removed from Academic History for those staff who need to make Revision changes to students enrolments.
- Improved sorting of the student email addresses in the General Person Information screen.
Thank you to all staff who assisted with the User Acceptance testing of BANNER 8.7. Your time and input is greatly appreciated.
Additional thanks to all ACU staff for your patience during the shutdown period for Banner and Student Connect, which was necessary to implement the upgrade into the Production environment.
2015 Unit Request Data
The Department of Education 2015 unit file (unit offerings in the first half year of 2015) was submitted to the Department on 1 October.
Any late additions or amendments to the 2015 unit offering data can still be submitted via the request files in SharePoint, however, please use the ‘Unit Changes after 1 October’ tab for this purpose and send an email to Systems, advising of any change made to the unit data in SharePoint.
Please note that any further amendments to 2015 unit offering data will require the approval of the Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) and even so may not be able to be actioned, pending the requirements of HEIMS legislation. The only exclusion to this requirement is changes to unit quotas, which do not involve zero quotas. Any request, to change a unit quota from or to zero, will still require Associate Dean authorisation.
QTAC Offer Round 201 – 304 offers were processed on Thursday 27 November.
Student Systems Training
Webinars will be running as usual throughout November and December. Please visit Banner and Student Systems Training for session details and the Student Systems Training Calendar for dates and times. All module content/training guides will be made available to attendees after each session via the Student Systems Training SharePoint site.
Weekly Systems Operations Team MeetingSystems Operations has weekly team meeting from 2:30 to 3:30 pm every Friday afternoon. Please leave a message during this time and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Turnaround times for Work Requests
- Ad Hoc Reports – 5 working days;
- Unit and CRN creation or amendment – 2 working days;
- Setting up new user accounts – 5 working days;
- Modifications to Banner / Student Connect / Reports – 10 working days to estimate the job and then a more formal estimate given.