Mid-year Application Dates for Direct Admissions
30 June 2014
Closing date for course and campus transfers
13 July 2014
Closing date for all applications
31 July 2014
Closing date for all other postgraduate Education programs available by direct application (not via QTAC, UAC or VTAC), and cross-institutional study applications for postgraduate Education units.
2015 Direct Application Dates
Semester 1 2015 direct applications will open Monday 4 August, including transfer applications.
2015 TAC Application Dates
- VTAC – open 4 August
- QTAC – open 5 August
- UAC – open 6 August for undergraduate and 4 September for graduate-entry teaching courses offered in NSW/ACT.
Changes to the Education Master’s programs for 2015The Master of Education Leadership and the Master of Religious Education have been reviewed as per normal review cycle and the course rules have been amended to ensure compliance with AQF requirements from January 2015. As such from 2015 these Masters programs will require students to complete 120cp (instead of the current 80cp) to graduate with these awards.
Changes have also been approved to the entry requirements for these courses to take effect from semester 2 2014:
The eligibility criteria for admission to the MRED has also been amended to:
- Four year Bachelor degree in Education; or
- Bachelor degree in an area other than Education and a recognised teaching qualification; or
- Bachelor degree in an area other than Education and Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
The eligibility criteria for admission to the MEDLEA have also been amended to:
- Four year Bachelor degree in Education; or
- Bachelor degree in an area other than Education and a recognised teaching qualification;
Emails are currently being sent to eligible applicants who applied for the relevant Postgraduate Certification, Graduate Certificate and Diploma programs to check if they wish to apply for the Masters course for Semester 2 2014.
Withdrawn Courses from Semester 1, 2015
The Faculty of Health Sciences have suspended these courses from semester 2 2014 onwards:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Theology/Bachelor of Social Work
The Bachelor of Social Work is currently being developed into a 4 year Bachelor of Social Work to replace the current course. This is yet to be approved through Academic Board. It is envisaged this course will be available for Semester 1 2015 entry.
All currently deferred students who were made offers in 2013 or 2014 to the Bachelor of Nursing (Mental Health) and Bachelor of Nursing (Practice Leadership) have been contacted via email as these courses have now been discontinued and therefore, deferred applicants will not be able to commence these courses upon their return from deferment.
These students will have the following options:
BACHELOR OF NURSING (MENTAL HEALTH)
- Option of commencing either the Bachelor of Nursing or the Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Business Administration in lieu of the Bachelor of Nursing (Mental Health).
BACHELOR OF NURSING (PRACTICE LEADERSHIP)
- Option of commencing either the Bachelor of Nursing or the Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Business Administration in lieu of the Bachelor of Nursing (Practice Leadership).
Students must respond to Admissions with their degree choice by 7 July 2014 and complete a CD form if returning in Semester 1, 2015.
All undergraduate transfers for Semester 2 2014 have now been processed.
Commencement following deferment forms
All CD forms for Semester 2, 2014 have been processed. If any students believe they have completed this form and it has not been processed, please advise them to contact Admissions.
Two EAP webinars were held on Thursday 17 July.
EAP Video now online
Admissions video entitled Preparing your EAP application has been updated for 2015, embedded on the website this week, and can be viewed at http://www.acu.edu.au/study_at_acu/alternate_entry/early_entry/how_to_apply/.
Student Centre staff: please familiarise yourselves with the steps covered in the video to assist with answering EAP applicant queries.
Overview of information EAP applicants require:
- Personal email address (not school or work)
- TAC application number
- 200 word Statement on their Community Experience (typed, saved, and ready to copy and paste)
- Referee contact details regarding their Community Experience (Name, Organisation, Position, Email address)
- Once EAP applicants have gathered the above information they will be able to apply online when EAP applications open 11 August - 20 October.
2014 Mid-Year ApplicationsAdmissions have received-
|Direct applications:|| |
Direct offers made:
Conditional offers made:
Cohort offers made:
UAC mid-year main offers
VTAC mid-year offers
Reminder – Re: Admissions Weekly Team Meetings
Please note that Admissions hold their weekly Team Meeting 10.30-11.30am each Tuesday morning (Qld time). Anyone trying to contact us during this time will need to leave a message and we will reply as soon as possible in due course.