2014 Applications are NOW OPENA steady stream of applications continue to be received each day since opening.
Transfer applications are also now open. Student Centre staff can check SPACMNT to confirm a student has submitted a transfer application. This Banner screen is updated automatically with a comment whenever students submit a transfer request (or cancel one) through Student Connect.
2014 TAC Applications
- QTAC opens for Semester 1 and 2 2014 applications on 1 August
- UAC UG opens for Semester 1 and 2, 2014 applications on 7 August
- VTAC opens for Semester 1, 2014 applications on 5 August
On-time closing date for all TACs is 27 September.
Early Achievers Program 2013/2014
EAP applications are now open and the information on the website has been updated.
The EAP instructional video on Preparing your EAP application is available at http://www.acu.edu.au/study_at_acu/alternate_entry/early_entry/how_to_apply
Further videos on submitting and monitoring the EAP application will be available soon.
- EAP applications open – 13 August
- EAP applications close – 21 October
- EAP offers be sent – by end of November
Summary of changes to EAP applications for 2013/2014:
- Principals and/or schools will no longer be sent emails requesting them to provide information about Year 12 school leaver applicants;
- Academic assessment, for the majority of courses, has been removed from the assessment criteria;
- Applicants for Law and dual Law courses, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Pathology DO need to supply academic results/qualifications;
- Applicants will be expected to upload their results in one file/document with their EAP online application;
- We will not accept qualifications via email;
- For Year 12s this means uploading a file which includes a copy of their semester one and two Year 11 results/grades and semester one Year 12 results/grades;
- For non-school leavers this means uploading a file which includes a copy of their highest educational qualification;
- High school results MUST be graded and not just satisfactory/not satisfactory. Applicants who do not provide detailed results will be disadvantaged in the EAP assessment process;
- Admissions are currently working on producing instructional videos for inclusion on the EAP website and within the application to assist applicants to Prepare, Monitor and complete their Community Experience statement.
- Admissions will check applicants satisfy any prerequisite requirements through the relevant TAC systems just as we do now to ensure they meet the minimum eligibility score when we go in to the system to make the EAP offers;
Community Experience Statements
- Applicants can list up to two separate statements
- For each statement, applicants need to provide the name and email address of someone who can verify their statement;
- Community experience statements should:
- Be succinct, clear, concise, factual description of exactly what they did during the time they volunteered their services;
- Include details about how many hours and over what period of time (ie weeks/months/years) the experience was undertaken;
- There are good and poor examples of statements previously provided on the EAP website for reference;
- The names and email addresses of a person who can verify the experience MUST be provided for each statement, if more than one;
- Community experience must be done on a voluntary basis;
- No work experience, paid work, compulsory activities, practicum experience will be eligible for consideration under EAP.
Bonus Points Schemes 2014The website information on Bonus Points for 2014 has now been updated and can be found at http://www.acu.edu.au/study_at_acu/alternate_entry/accessacu
The fundraising total is currently at $1946.60 (goal $2000) thanks to everyone at ACU who has bought lolly bags, second-hand clothes, cupcakes and pancakes.
Claron is participating in the “Weekend to End Women’s Cancer” on the 26 and 27 October, to support Claron. Admissions will be holding some fundraising events to raise funds for this great cause. Our total money raised stands at $471.00.
For more information please visit “Weekend to End Women’s Cancer”.