19 March – Reminder emails were sent to students with outstanding balances in Autumn Term 2013.
Process for Certification of Application for a Tax File Number (TFN) in Semester 1 2013.
- The student lodges an application to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). They will receive the TFN within 28days from date of lodgement.
- All students who submitted the TFN application up to 3 March 2013 should receive their TFN prior to the census date.
- Prior to 4 March 2013 students are to submit the HECS-HELP form online in Student Connect. After the 4 March the student is required to complete a hard copy HECS-HELP form.
- Students have until the census date 31 March 2013 to submit the TFN application and the HECS-HELP form to the Fees Section to be eligible to have their student contribution deferred to the Australian Taxation Office through HECS-HELP.
- After 31 March 2013, TFN applications will only be accepted on a case by case basis, approval will depend on the circumstances provided by the student.
- All students who submitted the TFN application to the Fees Section after 4 March 2013 will be advised by email to visit the Student Centre and submit a HECS-HELP form.
- Once the student receives the TFN notice from the ATO this must be forwarded via email or internal mail in confidence to the Fees Section.
- Students who have submitted a TFN application to the Fees Section will not be charged a $200.00 late payment fee.