Semester 1, 2013 applications and transfer requests opened on 6 August 2012. As of Wednesday 8 August, 63 direct applications have been received. Admission staff has spent a significant amount of time checking the course browser, admission and supplementary forms and checking internal processes to ensure a smooth admission period.
accessACU – important changes to bonus scheme for 2013
Changes have been implemented to the accessACU bonus scheme:
- The Geographic bonus has been removed from the accessACU scheme with postcodes ACU wishes to target being included in existing schemes i.e. EAS via UAC and QTAC and SEAS via VTAC.
- The maximum number of bonus points attainable under accessACU will be reduced to 5 bonus points.
All applicants to ACU will be eligible for the following bonus points (if applicable):
- accessACU bonus points – subject bonuses
- EAS/SEAS* bonus points – disadvantage bonuses
- Step-Up into Teaching (SUIT) – if applicable
- Disadvantaged Schools bonus points
Elite Athlete bonuses will be applied if the applicant receives an ATAR above 58.50 after the above bonuses have been applied. This decision is currently under review.
*Automatically applied via the Tertiary Admission Centres.
Important Note: For 2013 the minimum eligibility score required for entry to an undergraduate course at ACU is ATAR 58.50/OP 17. The calculation of this score now includes all of the above bonus points, except the Elite Athlete Scheme (however this is also under review).
UAC - Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary) – NSW/ACT
Applications for the following graduate entry teaching courses offered at either Canberra and/or Strathfield campuses will now be available through UAC for 2013. Applications open on Thursday 6 September. TAC staff are currently providing guidelines for UAC staff for assessment of these courses and organising information to appear on the Postgraduate section of the UAC website.
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary)
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary)/Graduate Certificate in Religious Education
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)/Graduate Certificate in Religious Education
- Master of Teaching (Primary) – STRATHFIELD ONLY
- Master of Teaching (Primary)/Graduate Certificate in Religious Education – STRATHFIELD ONLY
UAC EAS Applications
Applications are now open for the UAC Educational Access Scheme via www.uac.edu.au/eas/
EAP applications open on Monday 13 August for Semester 1 2013 admission. EAP training for Marketing and External Relations staff was undertaken this week via Webinar.
Team Effectiveness Program
Since attending the recent Team Effectiveness Program, Admissions have held enthusiastic discussions and are beginning to research and implement some of the proposed action items. Our whole team participated in the program and felt the day was very motivating and successful. We are excited by the prospect of continuing to improve our services and raise our profile amongst the ACU community.