- Applying to ACU
- About ACU
- Current Students
- ACU Staff
Summer A & B / Spring B Timetables
These timetables are available via links on the Class Timetables webpage.
Semester 1 2012 Timetable
The timetable for Semester 1 2012 will be published on the ACU website on Monday 5 December at 4pm EST for both staff and students. Changes to the Published Timetable can only be made in response to exceptional circumstances, which include:
- unexpected staff illness, resignation etc
- a change to sessional staff availability for unforeseeable reasons
- changes necessitated by an unexpected increase/decline in enrolment numbers
- a scheduled location becomes a health or safety hazard
- a unit is removed from offering
- reasonable adjustments to accommodate students with special needs
- other unforeseeable and extraordinary circumstances outside the control of the Faculty, School or organisational unit.
Should any change requests be made, they must include the reason for the change.
NOTE Where the reason for the change is not in accordance with the circumstances listed above, the change request must also include:
- an explanation of why the change was not identified in the Draft/Provisional timetable phase and
- a supporting statement of endorsement by the HOS.
This endorsement should appear in the appropriate column of the Change Request Spreadsheet.
Where change is approved:
- the change will be factored into vacant slots in the timetable
- consequential changes to classes already scheduled will not be made in order to accommodate such changes and
- where a post publication request is action, the School/organisational unit is responsible for advising affected students via email, and/or other notification.
(Taken from the ACU Timetabling Policy and Procedures)
Thank you to all TLOs and Heads of School who have worked so hard to contribute to the publishing of this timetable.
Tutorial Direct will be open to staff from 7 December for buffering, the adjusting of class group sizes either up or down. Buffering is done by schools, not Timetabling and this process needs to be completed before Tutorial Direct is opened to students.
Another function that schools may choose to use is the imposition of constraints on particular classes. Constraints concern the allocation of students to particular class groups. As an example, it may be preferable for Paramedicine students to attend particular tutorials, but not Exercise Science students. Constraints may be actioned by following the instructions set out in the User Guide. Other Tutorial Direct user guides are also available via links on the Staff Tutorial Direct webpage, accessed at:
You’ll notice that Tutorial Direct has had a facelift, with a new user-interface that allows you to quickly filter to units of interest. Reassuringly, the buffering and constraint tasks remain unchanged from previous years.
Please be mindful of the fact that timetable changes made after Tutorial Direct opens will not be reflected on student timetables ie any students who have already enrolled in a class will have their enrolment in that group negated. It is essential that, should a change have to take place, any affected students are notified by the School.
Should you have any enquiries about this process, please contact Timetabling.
Semester 1 2012 Timetable published for staff and students at 4pm EST
Published Timetable Change Request Spreadsheets sent to TLOs
Tutorial Direct open to staff for buffering and application of constraints
Tutorial Direct opens to Qld students at 9am EST
Tutorial Direct opens to Vic students at 9am EST
Tutorial Direct opens to NSW and ACT students at 9am EST
Web Room Booker (WRB) and Ad Hoc Room Bookings
Web Room Booker will be available for 2012 bookings into non-teaching spaces from Tuesday 6 December. Teaching space will be available through the same portal from 5 March when all timetable changes have been finalised. The 2011 version of WRB remains suitable for bookings up until 25 December 2011.
Please refer to the WRB user guide Staff/Tools & Services/Room Bookings Online (How to Book a Room) for more information and advice. Assistance is available from TE&R and Campus Operations staff. WRB is available to all staff with an ACU log in.
TE&R Office Relocation:
TE&R is relocating to F Block this Friday (Exams) and next Wednesday (Timetabling). We therefore appreciate your understanding and patience if you have any difficulty in contacting staff from those Units during this period.
TE&R will be attending the Brisbane Student Administration Christmas Party this Friday 2 December. The section will be unattended for the day.