The deadlines for applications for the 2016 round (as per below) have now passed. Information on the promotions process is still available below to assist staff with planning for the 2017 round.
- Professor (Level E) and Associate Professor (Level D)
Applications close on Thursday, 30 June 2016
- Senior Lecturer (Level C) and Lecturer (Level B)
Applications close on Friday, 29 July 2016
General guidance for applicants preparing for promotion:
- Discuss plans to apply for promotion with your nominated supervisor: This discussion would normally be part of ongoing performance review and planning conversations with your supervisor. In addition, you may wish to seek further guidance from other senior academic staff members who have experience of the process.
- Ensure you are using the correct documentation, including the policy, procedures, guidelines and application pro-formas. Applications that use previous versions of the application pro-formas will not be accepted.
- Start early: Carefully read the guidelines and start preparing your application and evidence portfolio early to give yourself the best chance of success.
If you require further information or clarification in relation to the academic promotions process, please speak with your supervisor or contact the HR Advisory Service HR@acu.edu.au or ext 4222.
To assist you in preparing your application, you can read the examples below from the 2015, 2014, 2012 Academic Promotions rounds which have been shared by successful applicants from various academic career pathways:
- Exemplar application - CARPENTER - Level C - ALS
- Exemplar application - HODGE - Level C
- Exemplar application - JACOBS - Level C
- Exemplar application - NEIL - Level D
- Exemplar application - NESTOR - Level C
- Exemplar application - DE LA PIEDAD GARCIA - Level C
- Exemplar application - CLARK - Level C
- Exemplar application - BROWN - Level C
- Exemplar application - UEBERGANG - Level C
- Exemplar application - GRIMA-FARRELL - Level C
- Exemplar application - CVORO - Level C
- Exemplar application - MEHTA - Level B
- Exemplar application - LORENZEN- Level C
- Exemplar application - ALLEN-CRAIG - Level C
- Exemplar application - CREABY - Level C
- Academic Promotions Referee Template
- Preparing for Academic Promotions – general advice for applicant (Kim O'Brien)
- Preparing for Academic Promotions - advice for applicants from the Committee Chair (Margot Hillel)
- Evidencing Scholarship of Teaching for Promotion (Professor Kevin Ashford-Rowe)
- Evidencing Quality Research for Promotion (Professor Patrick Heaven)