The 2017 round of Academic Promotions is now open.
Deadlines for submission of applications for the 2017 round of Academic Promotions are as follows:
- Professor (Level E) and Associate Professor (Level D)
Applications close on Friday, 30 June 2017
- Senior Lecturer (Level C) and Lecturer (Level B)
Applications close on Monday, 31 July 2017
General guidance for applicants preparing for promotion:
- Discuss plans to apply for promotion with your nominated supervisor: This discussion would normally be part of ongoing performance review and planning conversations with your supervisor. In addition, you may wish to seek further guidance from other senior academic staff members who have experience of the process.
- Ensure you have reviewed the revised documentation for 2017, including the policy, procedures, application pro-formas, guidelines and the new applicant guide.
- Start early: Carefully read the guidelines and start preparing your application and evidence portfolio early to give yourself the best chance of success.
- Register for the Preparing for Promotions Workshops which will occur in April 2017 - see workshop details to register.
If you require further information or clarification in relation to the academic promotions process, please speak with your supervisor or contact the HR Advisory Service HR@acu.edu.au or ext 4222.
Download the Academic Promotions documents
- Academic Promotions Policy
- Academic Promotions Application Procedures
- Academic Promotions Application Pro-formas
- Guidelines on the Criteria and Evidence Requirements for Promotion
- Academic Promotions Guides for Applicants and Supervisors
- Academic Performance Matrices and Evidence (APME) Framework
To assist you in preparing your application, you can read the examples below from the 2016 and 2015 Academic Promotions rounds which have been shared by successful applicants from various academic career pathways:
- Exemplar application – BELL – Level D
- Exemplar application -GUTIERREZ – Level C
- Exemplar application - KAUFMANN - Level C
- Exemplar application - SAHDRA - Level C
- Exemplar application -TANTI - Level C
- Exemplar application – WONG – Level C
- Exemplar application - CARPENTER - Level C - ALS
- Exemplar application - HODGE - Level C
- Exemplar application - JACOBS - Level C
- Academic Promotions Referee Template
- Preparing for Academic Promotions – general advice for applicant (Kim O'Brien)
- Preparing for Academic Promotions - advice for applicants from the Committee Chair (Professor Margot Hillel)
- Evidencing Scholarship of Teaching for Promotion (Professor Kevin Ashford-Rowe)
- Making the Case for Research Quality (Professor James McLaren)