The University’s Statement of Commitment to Reconciliation acknowledges that Indigenous peoples of Australia are the original custodians of this country and that they continue to experience the “ongoing and significant” impact of past injustices.
ACU's Indigenous Employment Strategy seeks to increase the employment of Indigenous staff at all levels of the University. Our target is to achieve an Indigenous staff participation rate equal to the Indigenous student participation rate.
The University’s initiatives to enhance Indigenous employment outcomes include:
- extensive consultation and collaboration with local Indigenous communities and the University’s Centre for Indigenous Education and Research
- indigenous staff research scholarships
- Indigenous cultural awareness training
- continued investigation of Indigenous employment opportunities, including traineeships and cadetships
- career development opportunities for Indigenous staff including extra study leave.
As a finalist in the 2011 Diversity@Work Awards, Employment and Inclusion of Indigenous Australians category, ACU is proud of the progress we have made and look to continue to make a difference in this area.
For more information contact Indigenousemployment@acu.edu.au