Preparing to return to work: Supervisor and staff member checklist
Checklist 3: Returning to work
There are a number of provisions at ACU that can help parents in organising their return to work and resources to help parents at whilst at work.
- Prepare for the staff member’s return, which should be similar to the new starter process.
- Organise any handover or flexibility arrangements that will need to occur.
- Plan re-entry into the workplace with the staff member.
- Advise Human Resources of any change in the staff member’s working arrangements, e.g. reduced part-time hours.
- If the staff member is interested in taking child rearing leave – their supervisor and a HR Officer should discuss their plans with them and decide how the University will keep in touch with them whilst they are on child rearing leave.
- Advise new parents of the resources available to help them as they adjust to balancing parenthood and working life.
- Check-in with the staff member once they have returned to work, to see how they are settling in.
Staff member checklist
- Participate in conversations with your supervisor to review your return to work arrangements.