People with Disabilities
At ACU we are committed to encouraging and supporting a diverse workforce and embedding equal opportunity for people with disabilities into its policies and practices.
We welcome applications for employment from people with disabilities.
Staff who require adjustments to their workplace because of a disability or impairment (separate from those relating to Workers Compensation) will be provided with assistance, in line with the Disability Discrimination Act and the University’s commitment to equal opportunity.
If you require further assistance or more information, please contact the Human Resources Advisory Service on 02 9739 2899 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Speech-to-Text Software for staff
- ACU Disability Policy Statement
- Human Rights Commission - A brief guide to the Disability Discrimination Act
- Job Access Australia - Help and workplace solutions for people with disabilities, including information regarding financial assistance offered by the Commonwealth Government to employers of people with disabilities
- National Relay Service - a phone solution which assists people with hearing or speech impairments to communicate