Gender Equality at ACU
ACU is recognised for its leading-practice workplace supports and family-friendly employment provisions that support gender equality.
ACU’s commitment to equality and supporting all of our staff is aligned with the University’s Mission and values. ACU has reaffirmed this commitment by launching the Gender Equality Strategy 2015-2020.
Under the strategy, ACU will build upon strong foundations through progressing a range of initiatives across the University, including:
- Enhancing career planning and development opportunities that support all staff members to reach their potential;
- Developing resources and training that embed access to flexible work arrangements for women and men at ACU;
- Exploring initiatives to support men during life transitions, such as becoming a father;
- Considering including requirements for commitment to gender equality in future procurement contracts;
- Supporting a respectful, inclusive work environment through a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination and harassment, including sex-based harassment and bullying.
An Employer of Choice
ACU was awarded the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Citation for a fifth year in December 2016. The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) awarded the citation after a rigorous assessment of ACU’s practices that support the career development and the full participation of women and men in the workplace.
These workplace provisions include leading-practice parental leave, professional development opportunities and a range of flexible working arrangements that support staff members throughout their employment.
You can view ACU’s 2016 application to WGEA (PDF, 1.4MB) for the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
The University submitted a public Compliance Report (PDF, 249KB) to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) on 4 July 2016. Lodgement of this report ensures the University is meeting the requirements of the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (WGEA Act). ACU staff members are invited to make comments on the report either to ACU at email@example.com or to WGEA. Please refer to WGEA’s guidelines on the process on their website www.wgea.gov.au.