Dealing with Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying
At ACU, we are committed to providing an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Working together, we can eliminate behaviours such as harassment, discrimination and bullying and create a safe, healthy and supportive work environment for everyone.
You may be uncomfortable or even scared to approach someone for help if you have experienced or observed unwanted behaviour. We understand this and have created a network of Discrimination and Harassment Advisers who are available to talk though the issues confidentially and guide you in the right direction.
What can you do if you have a concern?
- Deal with the matter individually if you feel comfortable doing so
- Contact a Discrimination and Harassment Adviser
- Speak to your supervisor (or their manager)
- Seek advice and support from your local HR Consultant
- Speak with a union representative
- Make a formal complaint using the University’s Grievance Management process
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant state Equal Opportunity or Anti-Discrimination Commission or the Federal Human Rights Commission
Don't forget, free confidential support and counselling is available through the University’s Employee Assistance Program.
Guidance on your role in regard to issues of discrimination and harassment at work.
Guidance on what bullying is and what you should do if you believe you are being bullied.
Outlines the code of behaviour for staff.