Academic Performance Matrices and Evidence Framework components
The Academic Performance Matrices and Evidence (APME) Framework describes the performance expectations by Academic Level for each Academic Career Pathway that will guide academic staff contribution to achieve our strategy and support our Mission.
The APME Framework is one of several frameworks and standards that express the University’s expectations of the conduct, capability, participation and contribution of staff (such as the Code of Conduct, the Learning for Life Framework and the Capability Development Framework).
The APME Framework applies to all academic staff. It describes the performance expectations by Academic Level for each Academic Career Pathway and provides comprehensive examples of evidence across all areas of academic activity. It also supports conversations between academic staff and supervisors about performance and career development.
The APME Framework is consistent with the Minimum Standards for Academic Levels (MSALs) and is informed by the Strategic Plan and its enabling frameworks, including the Workforce Framework, the Learning for Life Framework, the Research Intensification Framework and the Service Matters Framework.
All relevant people processes at ACU will be supported by the APME Framework over time, including job design, recruitment, induction, probation, performance review and planning, and promotion.
Download the Academic Performance Matrices and Evidence Documents
- Teaching and Research Academic Performance Matrix (PDF, 479KB)
- Teaching-focussed Academic Performance Matrix (PDF, 393KB)
- Research-focussed and Research-only Academic Performance Matrix (PDF, 409KB) Note: One APM covers both Research-focussed and Research-only ACPs
- Academic Leadership/Service Academic Performance Matrix (PDF, 363KB)
- Evidence of Academic Performance (PDF, 539KB)
- Recruitment - Position Description for Academic Staff
- Career and Performance Planning for Academic Staff
- ACU Strategic Plan 2015-2020
- University Mission and Values
- Code of Conduct for All Staff
- ACU Service Principles
- ACU Capability and Development Framework
- ACU Staff Enterprise Agreement 2014-2017
- Minimum Standards for Academic Levels (MSALs) - Schedule 3, Page 80 of the Australian Catholic University Staff Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017
- ACU Academic Workload Policy
- ACU Learning for Life Framework
- ACU Evaluation of Learning and Teaching Policy
- ACU Teaching Criteria and Standards Framework
- Higher Education Standards Frameworks (Thresholds Standards) 2015
- Research Quality Review Measures by Discipline/FoR Code – List of citation and peer review disciplines
- Average annual performance outcomes for grants - by Academic Level in fields of research across the sector
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1100101