Can I place music I have copied for educational instruction in my Blackboard unit?
- copy/ies of music are within the repertoire of the University’s Music licence (please check with the Copyright Officer)
- copy/ies are labelled with the following details:
- the title of each musical work
- the name of each composer, lyricist and arranger of the musical work; and
- if the recording contains an ARIA sound recording, the artist/group name and the record company label.
- copy/ies of music are from legitimate sources (i.e. legally purchased CDs but do not include legally purchased downloaded music)
- it is made available to students via streaming (contact ACUonline project officers for technical assistance), and a copyright warning notice displayed/included: “This recording has been made by Australian Catholic University under the express terms of an educational licence between it, ARIA, AMCOS, APRA and PPCA and only be used as authorised by Australian Catholic University pursuant to the terms of that licence”.
(NB: Music recordings from TV/Radio broadcasts are covered by the Screenrights licence and can be used in class. For music not covered by the Music licence, please check that you have the permission of the copyright owner.)