Archiving is available for all staff but please note storage space is limited.
Archiving requestStaff members who wish to store material in the campus archives should send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note Archive boxes can be supplied from Campus Operations at a cost of $5.80 each (charged back to your departmental cost code). Staff members should keep their own records of what is to be stored and have their own numbering system for the boxes.
Once you have made a request, Campus Operations will forward instructions and a spreadsheet for you to enter the following information:
- Name of Organisational Unit/ Name of Staff Member (if applicable)
- Type of Materials (list of contents should be included)
- Clients Numbering System
- Date of Materials
- Date of Destruction/Review or Permanent retention (This is most important) (Refer ACU Policy on Archive)
Retrieval of Boxes from Archive
- If a staff member requires a box from archives they will need to make a request through Servicedesk and supply the bar code number of the box they require
- Staff can also request the return of boxes to archives through Servicedesk.
- Periodically the Campus Administrative Officer will contact the depositor or relevant department and supply a list of items that are coming up for review or destruction. If Campus Operations is approved to destroy the material, it will charge the relevant area for the destruction of confidential material
- Old archive boxes can be reused, however the previous barcode numbers must be destroyed.