The University Research Committee, as a Standing Committee of Academic Board, will collaborate with, and respond to, Academic Board to develop and administer policies, procedures and strategies that will promote high quality research and research training across the University.
2. Terms of Reference
- To advise and respond to Academic Board:
- the development of research-related policies and the operation of those policies in accordance with the University Research Thematic Plan
- the development and presentation of academic staff training seminars on research-related policies
- the establishment of Research Institutes and Centres
- To provide regular reports to Academic Board on all matters related to research within the University;
- To initiate, review and monitor compliance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures;
- To receive, consider and respond to reports from Faculty Boards in relation to research and research training;
- To receive requests and act on issues which come from Academic Board for the URC's consideration;
- To provide regular reports to Academic Board on the progress of the implementation all matters delegated to it by Academic Board;
- To receive reports on the administration University funding for research and research training;
- To administer and undertake regular reviews of the regulations for Doctoral degrees and Master's degrees by research;
- To admit persons to candidature for research degrees in accordance with regulations approved by Academic Board;
- To recommend the award of Doctoral degrees and Master's degrees by research to Academic Board; and
- To promote research and research training by Indigenous Australians.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) (Chair)
- Vice-Chancellor (on invitation)
- Chair, Academic Board
- Dean of Research
- Executive Deans or nominees
- Associate Dean (Research) from each Faculty
- Director, Identity and Mission or nominee
- Director of Research Services
- Higher Degree by Research student
- Indigenous member nominated by the Centre of Indigenous Education and Research
|Date of Establishment||23 July 2008 (Academic Board Resolution 63/2008 refers). The Committee replaced the previous University Research and Research Training Committee, 2001-2008; the latter was established in 2001 following the amalgamation of the University Research Degrees and University Research Management Committees.|
|Meeting Frequency||5 times per year|
|Responsible Officer||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)|
|Executive Officer||Executive Officer to the DVC (Research)|
The Committee reviews its procedures and membership as it deems necessary and recommends accordingly to Academic Board.
The Terms of Reference and membership were last reviewed 31/10/2013.
Approved: Academic Board.
- Terms of Reference for the University Research Committee (Information, PDF File, 84.9 KB)
|Policy applies to||
|Date of Last Revision||31/10/2013|
* Unless otherwise indicated, this policy will still apply beyond the review date.
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/policy/623099