1. Background Information
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) defines a Joint Award as "a single qualification which is jointly conferred by two or more providers and recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework". ACU requires that any such award must also comply with additional requirements of Senate.
2. Policy Statement
This policy ensures compliance with the TEQSA definition and characteristics for the development and conferral of Joint Awards and defines the additional ACU requirements as determined by Senate.
3. Policy Scope
This policy applies to all programs at ACU other than joint (cotutelle) doctoral or double-badged doctoral awards, which are subject to the Policy on Joint (Cotutelle) and Double-Badged Doctoral Enrolment.
4. Policy Application
4.1 ACU may confer an award jointly with another institution provided that:
- the nature of the partner institution and the course are compatible with the Mission of ACU;
- the course is jointly developed and presented by the participating institutions, and ACU has the status of equal partner with the other institutions in such course development, delivery and assessment;
- the course has been approved by Academic Board and Senate in accordance with the ACU Policy on Course Approval, Amendment and Review; and
- graduates receive a single jointly-badged testamur which may be presented at a graduation ceremony of either of the partner institutions;
4.2 Any such joint award must be the subject of a formal agreement between the partner institutions as required under the ACU Policy and Procedures on Educational Partnerships.
5. Related Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Local Protocols
Policy and Procedures on Educational Partnerships
Policy on Course Approval, Amendment and Review
Policy on Nomenclature of Awards
Policy on Joint (Cotutelle) and Double-Badged Doctoral Enrolment
- Policy on Joint Awards between ACU and Other Institutions - AB approved 20140716 (Policy, PDF File, 107.3 KB)
|Policy applies to||
|Policy Status||New Policy|
|Approval Authority||Academic Board|
|Governing Authority||Academic Board|
|Responsible Officer||Chair, Academic Board|
|Date of Last Revision||01/01/2014|
|Date of Policy Review *||01/07/2019|
* Unless otherwise indicated, this policy will still apply beyond the review date.
Related Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Local Protocols
- Policy and Procedures on Educational Partnerships
- Policy on Course Approval, Amendment and Review
- Policy on Nomenclature of Awards
- Policy on Joint (Cotutelle) and Double-Badged Doctoral Enrolment
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/policy/674753