ACU actively promotes informed debate and community engagement as part of our research programs. We have seven Research Institutes and a number of emerging research strengths.
Find a list of research courses available to international students.
How to apply
- Check the entry requirements
- Start an application for admission
- Prepare your documents
- Lodge your application
- Request referee reports
You can start by filling in the online application for admission.
If you are applying for the Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy in Social and Political Thought, or Master of Philosophy, you are required to submit a research proposal of between 1,000 and 2,000 words as part of your application. The proposal should address:
- description of research problem;
- aims, theoretical background and
- methodology and approach;
- timeline; and
- resources required to conduct the research.
Gather certified copies of the necessary documents for your application:
- research proposal
- academic qualifications (transcripts and completion certificates)
- evidence of English proficiency
- any other documents which can support your application (e.g. copies of prior research, awards, work experience).
Make your application to ACU International via any of the following methods:
Please do not submit the ACU application form without having a research proposal as it will be considered an incomplete application. Incomplete applications may be delayed or rejected.