Studying abroad at ACU allows you to choose from a fabulous range of subjects. You have the opportunity to take classes from any of the four ACU faculties, provided all the necessary pre-requisites have been met.
You can choose to study classes from any ACU faculty, however please note that not all classes are offered on every campus, and not all subjects are available in both semesters.
- Education and Arts – areas include: education, arts and humanities, global studies and international development studies, media communications, social science, youth work, and creative arts, visual arts and design.
- Health Sciences – areas include: biomedical and biological sciences, counselling, environmental science, exercise physiology, exercise science, mental health, midwifery, nursing, physiotherapy, public health, psychology, social work and speech pathology.
- Law and Business – areas include: commerce, business administration, accounting and finance, information technology, human resource management, law, marketing, supply chain management, occupational health and safety, and sustainability.
- Theology and Philosophy – both of these disciplines encourage students to search for wisdom, knowledge and truth.
Semester 1, 2017 (February–June)
- Faculty of Education and Arts Sem 1 (PDF 85kB)
- Faculty of Law and Business Sem 1 (PDF 70kB)
- Faculty of Health Sciences Sem 1 (PDF 73kB)
- Faculty of Theology and Philosophy Sem 1 (PDF65kB)
Semester 2, 2017 (July–November)
- Faculty of Education and Arts Sem 2 (PDF 86kB)
- Faculty of Law and Business Sem 2 (PDF 106kB)
- Faculty of Health Sciences Sem 2 (PDF 72kB)
- Faculty of Theology and Philosophy Sem 2 (PDF 65kB)
For more information on available units, please refer to the ACU Course Enrolment Guides:
For descriptions of individual units, please refer to the University Handbook.
Study load information
All study abroad and exchange students must be enrolled as a full-time student for the length of their program. You can enrol in any subject in any faculty, provided there are spaces available.
A standard full-time study load is four units (40 credit points). The minimum full-time study load is three units (30 credit points).
Enrolment in more than four units will attract additional fees.
Sample comparison of credit points system for each ACU unit:
- ACU = 10 credit points
- ECTS = 7.5
- USA = 3-4 credits
- Course: the program of study, or a degree. For example, Bachelor of Business.
- Unit: the individual unit of study taken as part of a course. Sometimes referred to as a class, subject or module. For example, MKTG100 Principles of Marketing.