Student visas

Student visas are normally granted for the duration of your course of study. The following conditions apply:

  • As an international student, you must complete your course within the minimum course duration listed on your CoE
  • You must leave Australia after completion of your studies
  • ACU must report any student who does not attend classes or who is not making satisfactory progress as defined in the University’s academic regulations

It is your responsibility to be aware of and comply with the conditions of your Student visa. For a full list of conditions, refer to the the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

Further stay in Australia

If you wish to stay in Australia for your graduation ceremony, you may need to apply for a visitor class visa.

You can also consider applying for a Graduate Temporary Visa, which will allow you to live and work in Australia temporarily following your studies.

Permanent residency

Find out what to do if you obtain permanent residency while completing your studies at ACU.

Visa questions  

Please contact your local International Student Adviser or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection if you have any questions about your Student visa.